Cheese Board with NC Goods
Hi friends! For my first post, I decided to combine a couple of my favorite things–cheese boards and North Carolina. Earlier this month, we had our annual Cool People Christmas Party, and I curated (mostly) local NC goods for the cheeseboard. I always love supporting small businesses, but especially so around the holidays!
The local ingredients for the cheeseboard were purchased directly from the sellers at Durham Farmers’ Market or other local businesses (shoutout to Bull City Olive Oil and NOFO @ the Pig for carrying a great selection of NC goods).
NC cheeses I used are: Cottonbell and wine-rubbed Presently from Boxcarr Handmade Cheese, rosemary chèvre from Celebrity Dairy, and a seasonal Swiss from Chapel Hill Creamery (I ended up saving the garlic & herb chèvre from Elodie Farms for another board). Other NC goods on the board include salami from Cheshire Pork, honey from Budda Bee Apiary, rosemary crackers from Elodie Farms, and pretzels from Asheville Pretzel Company. (Keep reading to see the FULL list of ingredients below!)
To assemble the cheese board, I first set down the cheeses, place the bowls for olives, mustard, honey, etc., and then create a salami river across the board. With these main components on the board, I fill any empty space with crackers, pretzels, fruits, and nuts. Last time, I had additional crackers on a small board next to the main cheese board as well!
Here’s the full list of all the ingredients I put on the board. Hope this is helpful for you! Please let me know if you try any of these NC goods!
Cheeses and Meats
- Cottonbell (Boxcarr Handmade Cheese)
- Presently (Boxcarr Handmade Cheese)
- Thunder Mountain Swiss (Chapel Hill Creamery)
- Rosemary Chevre (Celebrity Dairy)
- Salami Vesuvio (Cheshire Pork)
- Finnocchiona Salumi (purchased from Bull City Olive Oil)
- Buffalo jerky sticks (purchased from Jackson Hole Buffalo Meat in Wyoming)
- Rosemary crackers (Elodie Farms)
- Pretzel sticks (Asheville Pretzel Company)
- Trader Joe’s Raisin Rosemary Crisps
- Trader Joe’s Multigrain Pita Bite Crackers
Fruits & Vegetables
- Orange stuffed olives (purchased from Bull City Olive Oil)
- Trader Joe’s Sweetened Dried Orange Slices
- Homemade pickled onions
- Fresh blackberries
- Fresh rosemary
Dips and extras
- Homemade strawberry jam
- Sage honey (Buddha Bee Apiary)
- Trader Joe’s Mesquite Smoked Seasoned Almonds
- Trader Joe’s Oven-Baked Cheese Bites with Back Summer Truffle
Follow me on Instagram!
Love! Can you make one with folded meats next time?
Of course! Salami rivers with folded meats are pretty!
Awesome! It’s almost too pretty to eat!
We did eat the whole thing! 😝