Galentine’s Brunch Board
Hi friends! Tis’ the season to celebrate Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day! I hosted my first ever Galentine’s Brunch last weekend, and we had a blast! In the true spirit of Leslie Knope, we had a waffle bar with lots of whipped cream and fruits! And lots of mimosas. And straight up champagne.
After feasting on waffles, heart shaped eggs, bacon, and sausage, we watched the Galentine’s Day episode of Parks and Recreation (and probably three more episodes, then ended with an accidental group nap. I don’t have any pictures of those (though @susfoodnews has some) because the only thing I documented photographically was the brunch/cheese board!
Hope you know by now that I’m obsessed with cheese and cheese boards. Naturally, I had to take advantage of this Galentine’s gathering to create another board! This one’s got everything—waffles, cheeses, fruits, chocolates, salami river, AND salami roses!
Here’s the full list of the ingredients used for the board:
- Trader Joe’s For the Love of Chocolate Hearts Valentine
- Trader Joe’s Raisin Rosemary Crisps
- Trader Joe’s Pita Bite Crackers
- Trader Joe’s Sweetened Dried Orange Slices
- Trader Joe’s Unexpected Cheddar
- Elodie Farms garlic & herbs chèvre
- Cheshire Pork Salami Classico (for salami river)
- Columbus Salami Trio (for salami roses)
- Mulberry jam (via the Piedmont Picnic Project)
- Fruits – strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and kiwis
- Waffles (we made our own; shout-out to Christian for making them and to Alex for having a waffle maker and for letting us use his place!)
How are you celebrating Galentine’s/Valentine’s Day?
Salami River is my fav!
They’re just so #aesthetic